Nicholas is President of MBH ARCHITECTURE, LLC and has been with the firm since 1988. Nicholas is a registered Architect and has certification with the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) with Licenses in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont with the flexibility for reciprocal licensure in all 55 U.S. jurisdictions in addition supporting registration in Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and UK.
Nicholas’ passion and vision for creating environments that enhance the human experience are forward thinking, sustainable and meaningful. His ability to “listen” to clients’ needs and desires with an open, transparent and collaborative process, has led to a portfolio of diverse work in Master & Strategic Planning, Modern workplace environments, Cultural/Branding, hundreds of Healthcare projects and over 10,000 units of Housing for Multi-Family, Senior Living, Substance Abuse, Specialty, and Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Recently, Nicholas has developed projects focusing on new perspectives in Holistic Design and Sustainable Environments. His Holistic approach involves a culmination of traditional and alternative modalities that provide a deeper perspective and unique outlook on the built environment. Nicholas has lectured on such topics throughout the State. Nicholas is also an Educator in Health Facility codes and has provided lectures and assistance to State Regulators for code compliance and Interpretation.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- U.S. Green building Council
- Connecticut Assisted Living Association (CALA)
- Leading Age
- New England Healthcare Engineers’ Society, Inc. (NEHES)
- Master Planning/Strategic Planning
- Corporate workplace Branding/Cultural Environments
- Medical Centers and Hospitals
- Clinical Healthcare
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Holistic Architecture
- Multi-family Housing/Senior Living
- Industrial Manufacturing & Process Design
- Code Education and Consultation
- Interior Design